Everything that we do is determined by our nervous system. It is accountable for the way in which we process our sense of taste, smell, touch, sound, and sight. The body’s actions and the functioning of our organs are also regulated by our nervous system. The nervous system includes the nerves, spine, and brain, it is the control center of our body.
Chiropractic care was developed based on the remarkable outcomes that spinal adjustments had on the body as a whole, and especially on the positive impact, it has on the function of the nervous system.
The Function Of The Nervous System
- The nervous system consists of our brain, spinal cord, sensory organs, and the nerves that connect these organs with the rest of the body. These organs are responsible for the control of the body and communication between its parts.
- The brain and spinal cord from the body’s control center, known as the Central Nervous System (CNS), is where information is evaluated and decisions made.
- Our Peripheral Nervous System (PNS) monitors the conditions inside and outside of the body and sends this information to the CNS.
- Efferent nerves carry signals from the control center (CNS) to the muscles, glands, and organs to regulate their functions.
Benefits Of A Healthy Nervous System:
There are multiple body functions that are influenced by the systems of your body being healthy. Some of these functions are overlooked but the role each plays in the body is important to your overall health.
Chiropractic Care and Your Nervous System
- Your brain communicates urgent messages to all of the systems in your body through the spinal cord. Your spinal cord is guarded by 24 moveable vertebrae. The spinal nerves come out from between the vertebrae and branch out to deliver the messages sent from your brain through your spine to each muscle, organ, and cell of your body. And then through the same system, messages are returned.
- Your spine is a likely place for nervous system interference to occur. If your spinal vertebrae are out of alignment, even slightly, the vertebrae may prevent the distribution of your nervous system energy. The misalignments can interfere with the transmission of nervous impulses and weaken the body’s ability to stay healthy.
- Chiropractic focuses on restoring the body to its full and proper function so that it can heal itself through normal nervous system function. Disease, injury, and stress can all weaken the nervous system and most of us deal with any of those things on a day-to-day basis. Chiropractic not only helps the body heal itself and properly deal with the stresses of daily life, but it can improve your overall health.
Basic knowledge of the nervous system can help you assess what type of assistance might be needed when the body is fighting to stay healthy. The nervous system needs assistance to maintain balance within our bodies and sustain health. For the nervous system to maintain health, it must be able to easily and effectively communicate with the rest of the body.
Chiropractic care can help detect and correct misalignments in the spine thus restoring the vertebrae to their natural position. When nerve obstruction is eliminated, then the nervous system can be restored to peak function. Pain and discomfort will diminish and full health can be restored.
If you are interested in learning more about health and wellness, I encourage you to schedule an appointment with one of our trusted practitioners at SHIN Wellness. We offer many other holistic treatments such as Decompression Therapy, Acupuncture, Chiropractic, Neurofeedback, Psychology, Reiki, Nutrition, Massage, Rolfing, and Corrective Exercise. If you need some help figuring out what service is right for you, try our personalized consultation. Our Wellness Center and Chiropractor office in Miami Florida specializes in restoring your health!