Pain is one of the most common reasons why people seek out alternative therapies. When you’re looking for pain relief, you may want to research all of your options, including homeopathic pain remedies. What do you have to lose?
Homeopathy is a centuries-old practice that’s based on the concept that “like cures like.” Founder Samuel Hahnemann believed that by introducing a catalyst similar to the symptom, your body’s healing response would kick into high gear and speed up the natural process of getting rid of the sickness.
Sciatica is definitely not a joking matter. At any given point in time somewhere between 2 to 5% of the population suffers from the condition. It can be experienced as a single, brief episode, or as reoccurring incidents at varying intervals, or as a permanent affliction lasting months or years.
Homeopathic Treatments for Sciatica
If you are suffering from sciatica, a type of pain that radiates along the sciatic nerve’s pathway, finding a sciatica treatment is likely on top of your mind.
The sciatic nerve is the largest nerve in the human body – both the longest and widest. It is formed by nerve roots emanating out from both sides of the lower spine that bundle together into a single nerve that travels down the interior of the buttocks and leg to the foot supplying supplies nerves to the lower back and the entire leg. Portions of the nerve branch out into the thighs, calf, foot, and toes.
Sciatica can be quite disruptive to daily activities, causing much discomfort. The good news is that there are natural options you can consider to help get you back to normal.
Symptoms usually include:
- Lower back pain.
- Pain in the rear or leg that is worse when sitting.
- Hip pain.
- Burning or tingling down the leg.
- Weakness, numbness, or difficulty moving the leg or foot.
- Constant pain on one side of the rear.
- A shooting pain that makes it difficult to stand up.
8 Common Homeopathic Medicines For Sciatica
- Belladonna. For violent, acute low back pain. The pain is severe and can be burning, throbbing, shooting, or spasmodic. The intense spasms come on suddenly and leave just as quickly.
- Colocynthis. Known to greatly benefit left-sided sciatica. It is indicated where a person complains of pain along the course of the left sciatic nerve. The pain starts in the lower back and radiates down the leg to toes. In some cases, the pain is located in the left hip or pain in hip radiates to the knee.
- Magnesia Phosphorica. A reliable prescription for right-sided sciatica. The sciatica pain is cutting, shooting, stabbing or stitching in nature. Pain starts in the lower back and extends down the right hip, thigh, hollow of knee and leg.
- Arnica Montana. Arnica Montana is advised in case of sciatica with excessive soreness of lower limbs.
- Hypericum Perforatum. Hypericum Perforatum is considered when the sciatic pain is attended with tingling, burning or numbness in the affected leg
- Ruta Graveolens. A homeopathic remedy where sciatica pain gets worse on lying down at night.
- Bryonia Alba. For sciatica that gets worse from walking. The slightest motion may worsen sciatica in such cases.
- Rhus Tox. For sciatica pain that gets worse from rest or while sitting, or sciatica due to exposure to moist cold weather or from muscular exertion. Lying on the painful side could worsen the pain in such cases. Walking or movement of the affected limb offers relief.
The Takeaway: 8 Common Homeopathic Medicines For Sciatica
Homeopathic medicines, which are natural and safe, work on the root cause of sciatica for complete, effective healing and cure. There are thousands of treatments available in the homeopathic system. A practitioner will select the appropriate one based not only on a person’s symptoms but also on the overall impact of the ailment on that individual.
Contact us for more information and to schedule an appointment with one of our trusted practitioners at SHIN Wellness. We offer many other holistic treatments such as Decompression Therapy, Acupuncture, Chiropractic, Neurofeedback, Psychology, Reiki, Nutrition, Massage, Rolfing and Corrective Exercise. If you need some help figuring out what service is right for you, try our personalized consultation. Our Wellness Center and Chiropractor office in Miami Florida specializes in restoring your health!