After a long week, it is nothing short of pure luxury to schedule yourself and indulge in a relaxing massage. That feeling as your over-stressed and tight muscles melt away is priceless.
While a massage can be purely a pampering treat, it can also give your health and overall wellness just the boost you need, since Massage Therapy can relieve many ailments from physical pain to stress and anxiety.
5 Benefits Of Massage Therapy
- Improved Circulation. The benefits of massage therapy should never be undervalued. Improved circulation is just one part of what occurs in the body when receiving regular massage therapy consistently. Proper circulation will bring damaged, stiff, or tense muscles the rich blood supply they are in desperate need of in order to promote healing. During a massage, your circulation is improved from the physical manipulation of soft tissue, as well as chemicals that are released as a part of your body’s response to relaxation.
- Relaxing And Promotes Stress Reduction. When the body is tense and under stress, it produces an unhealthy level of cortisol, this is the body’s stress hormone. Increased levels of cortisol can contribute to weight gain, sleeplessness, headaches, and digestive problem. One of the many perks of Massage therapy is that it has been shown to decrease cortisol levels in the body and help the body enter into a recovery mode. Massage Therapy also can trigger lasting feelings of relaxation, reduced stress, and improved mood.
- Strengthens The Immune System. It is no surprise that individuals who are under high levels of stress are more vulnerable to illness and injury. Stress is often combined with sleep disturbances and poor nutrition and the impact of all of that is directed at the body’s immune system. Its natural ability to protect itself against infections, pathogens, and bacteria is greatly reduced. Studies have indicated that routine massage sessions will not only help reduce stress but can even boost the immune system by increasing the activity level of the body’s natural “killer T cells,” which fight off viruses.
- Pain Relief. One of the biggest reasons that people benefit from Massage Therapy is pain relief. Massage Therapy is a natural and noninvasive way to reduce pain from exercising excessively, from illness or from injury. Pain tolerance can vary from person to person, but there are various types of techniques that can be utilized in order to relieve various aches and pains. Massage Therapy provides pain relief through applied pressure, muscle relaxation and increased circulation.
- Improve Flexibility And Posture. Routine massage therapy sessions can do wondrous things for your flexibility and posture. Massage therapy will help to loosen and relax muscles and relieves pressure points which will allow joints a greater range of motion. When pressure points are relieved, the body can then position itself properly and develop a better posture that doesn’t cause pain.
Massage therapy is indeed one of the best things you can do for your health. You get to lay down on a comfortable table as a skilled massage therapist massages, kneads and rubs your whole body until it achieves relaxation all while you receive a handful of health benefits by participating!